Made in the USA Products
About Max Power Dyno
My name is Ernest “E.T.” Smith. While growing up, I learned as much as possible about how things work. After an extended enlistment in the U.S. Air force as a jet engine and aircraft mechanic, I worked for over 25 years in auto dealerships as an ASE master mechanic. There I developed excellent troubleshooting skills and a very good understanding of engines, transmissions, drivelines, electrical, carburetor and fuel injection systems.
I discovered the need for a knowledgeable tuner and skilled dyno operator in the Concord, N.C. area. To fill that need I started Max Power Mobile Dyno. After years of tuning all styles and brands of motorcycles, we became a Dyno-jet Authorized Power Commander Tuning Center.
Being the owner of Harley’s for over 30 years, it became necessary to learn them inside and out. This led to Max Power Dyno providing shop Harley services and repairs, engine and transmission overhauls, with all levels of performance.
We are a small business that works on quality and not quantity. We provide quality repairs with attention to details at affordable prices. Being small allows us to get to know every customer and their needs, so they know what to expect and why before I start their build or repairs.
- We provide torque / horsepower readings with graphs. Air fuel ratios (AFR) at all throttle and RPM positions as part of a through dyno evaluation. We do before / after comparison runs, even if we do not build or tune your bike.
- We are a Dyno-jet Authorized Power Commander Tuning Center for all makes and models. We build custom maps for all major brands of adjustable fuel injection tuning systems.
- Installation and tuning of Dyno-jet carburetor kits for all carbureted makes and models.
- Speedometer accuracy (electronic speedos only).
- Dyno will run bikes up to 107 inches in length from front of ft. wheel to rear axle.
- Same as in-shop except we can come to your shop. Our service allows you to provide dyno services to customers without the expense of owning a dyno or training operators.
- Use us to draw a crowd to your shop, bike night, horsepower shootout, customer appreciation days or any motorcycle related events.
- Mobile dyno and operator are available for rent by the hour or day. $100.00/hour or 8 hours for $600.00. Requires a minimum of 5 hours or $500.00. There may be a fuel surcharge if you’re more than 50 miles outside of Concord, N.C. Please see mobile dyno rental agreement.
- All levels of street performance engines, stage 1 to complete rebuilds.
- In house crankshaft balancing and truing, (all except twin cam press pin cranks).
- Press pin cranks are outsourced for repair.
- Timken left crankshaft bearing conversion (2003-present).
- Locally sourced high performance piston and engine coatings.
- Heads from skilled local machinist with over 30 year’s experience with porting, flowing and machining heads used in all forms of racing and street engines.
|Stock carburetors, including performance jet kit||$250.00|
|Stock carburetors, including performance jet kit||$350.00|
|Stock carburetors, including performance jet kit||$400.00|
|Power Commanders, full custom map||$350.00|
|Harley Davidson Super Tuner, full custom map||$400.00|
|TTS, full custom map||$400.00|
|Zippers Thunder-Max Auto Tune, full auto tune map||$250.00|
|S&S Pro Tune, full custom map||$350.00|
|BAZZAZ, full custom map||$350.00|
Please Note: Prices may vary and a more accurate estimate will be given after bike arrives at Max Power Dyno. Performance engine prices have so many variables that price quotes must be given on each bike. Please call to discuss your bike. 704 756-8972.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What will a dyno evaluation tell me about my motorcycle?
2. Do I need a dyno tune?
3. Which fuel injection tuning systems have you been factory trained on?
We are a Thunder-Max Authorized Tuning Center. We received factory training on Thunder-Max’s Auto Tune system utilizing Wave-Tune technology. That means we have access to Thunder-Max’s Advanced User Tuning Software. Training included installation and setup, use of software and how to maximize Thunder-Max’s excellent self-diagnostics and troubleshooting capabilities.
4. Can you tune carbureted bikes?
5. Can I do performance upgrades in stages?
6. What kind of builds does Max Power Dyno specialize in?
7.How do I choose a fuel injection tuning system?
- Thunder-Max Auto Tune for Harley Davidson.
- Dynojet Power Commander for all other fuel injected bikes.
Both of these tuners have full range of mixture and timing adjustments with idle RPM and rev-limiter control. They both have the best customer support for Tuning Centers and end users. Max Power Dyno has experience tuning these systems:
- Power Commander
- Thunder-Max Auto Tune
- Dynojet Vision
- Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
- S&S Pro Tune
8. How do I choose a cam?
9. What is included with camshaft replacement?
10. What exhaust system should I use?
11. Can I use gear drive cams?
12. What is cam chest upgrade?
13. What is a crankshaft left bearing conversion and do I need it?
14. How do I read the graph printout?
Terms & Definitions
1. Horsepower (HP) = torque x RPM / 5252
2. Torque (TQ) = horsepower x 5252 / RPM
3. Air Fuel Ratio (AFR): expressed as 14.7 to 1 or 14.7:1
4. Look-up Tables
6. Custom Maps
10. Camshaft Duration
11. Cam Lift
12. Valve Lift
13. Compression Ratio (CR): Expressed as ____ to 1
Send a Message
We proudly accept